You are not logged in.

#51 2017-06-06 02:42:33

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] No Lightning calendar for Thunderbird 52.0-1

Oh, right. Yeah, somehow I always seem to get the order of ln mixed up.

There's a trick to it that I never seem to remember at the right time -- it's like cp, in that you "copy" the link to the place where the link goes.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#52 2017-06-06 02:47:26

Salkay

Eschwartz wrote:

it's like cp, in that you "copy" the link to the place where the link goes.

Yeah, that's the way I try to think about it.

#53 2017-06-06 13:31:50

TE

Eschwartz wrote:

Hmm, I figured it would make a lot more sense to link it from "distribution" to the default system extensions:

Agreed, and it should go into the official package itself which is why I wasn't going to recommend it as a system-level change, since it might get lost (package upgrade or reinstall or something some day). Keeping it user-level for now seems to be a cleaner approach, it travels with your profile; if I knew more about how the upstream concept worked or what the intention was (as in, why does it build into distribution/? why is it not already in extensions/?) I'd open an Issue on the tracker, but it'll take some research to figure out what the "right" thing to do should be first. *shrug*

#54 2017-06-07 04:36:53

Salkay

TE wrote:

Agreed, and it should go into the official package itself which is why I wasn't going to recommend it as a system-level change, since it might get lost (package upgrade or reinstall or something some day).

I guess it could be argued that it's one thing to automatically include Lighting, but another thing to enable it by default? (I think it would be enabled by default from that directory?)

As far as getting "lost" if the Arch maintainers do decide to include it, I think you just get an error when pacman tries to overwrite a previously-untracked file. Then you can just remove it and update again.

#55 2017-06-07 13:45:18

eschwartz
Fellow

Salkay wrote:
TE wrote:

Agreed, and it should go into the official package itself which is why I wasn't going to recommend it as a system-level change, since it might get lost (package upgrade or reinstall or something some day).

I guess it could be argued that it's one thing to automatically include Lighting, but another thing to enable it by default? (I think it would be enabled by default from that directory?)

Except, it is currently automatically enabled, but only on new profiles. It is automatically enabled in the sense that distribution extensions are copied into the $HOME/.thunderbird profile during profile creation, and updated from the distribution directory as relevant.

The difference between a distribution extension and a system extension is that a global extension cannot be uninstalled, only disabled (which is the same thing in practice).

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#56 2017-10-13 07:09:40

Technicus

Hello,

I have Thunderbird 52.3.0 installed and Lightning 5.4 installed.
The menu option View -> Calendar is grayed out.
I have done a full system update, the problem persists.
I tried removing and reinstalling the Lightning extension, but the problem persists.

Any recommendations on how to get the calendar back?

#57 2017-10-13 09:07:02

Salkay

I'm going to preempt jasonwryan (and others) by saying… you should really create a new thread instead of bumping this one. This is about a specific issue in 52.0-1, which relates to Lightning, its bundling with Thunderbird, and it not being installed at all. We're currently on 52.4.0-1 (you should update your system), and your issue appears to be totally unrelated, since you have Lightning installed. You will get more exposure from creating a new issue.

Board footer