You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-12 01:25:30

camwebb

Evdev: touchscreen Right Button Emulation failing

I'm trying to activate Right Button Emulation in the evdev driver for a laptop touchscreen (HP Inspiron). A touch-and-long-hold should send a Button3 (Right button) event to the application or WM. These work fine:

• The touchscreen is recognized by X11 ("ELAN Touchscreen")

• evdev is triggered as the driver (by commenting out the touchscreen catchall section of /usr/share/X11//usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf or by adding a calibration entry to /etc/X11/xorg.conf)

• I can set "Evdev Third Button Emulation" to TRUE with xinput set-prop

But the right-button event never triggers (even if I make the "Evdev Third Button Emulation Threshold" movement threshold very large). Using xinput test <id> I can see the events as I long-press, but there are only ever:  "button press 1 ... button release 1" events.

Has anyone got this working in recent Arch?  This post suggests that this is simply a broken capability in certain circumstances.  (I using linux kernel 4.10.11-1, xorg-server 1.19.3-2, openbox 3.6.1-3).

Thanks!

#2 2017-06-12 01:30:02

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: Evdev: touchscreen Right Button Emulation failing

I am curious -- why are you using a 4.10 kernel? The current mainline Arch kernel is 4.11.3-1 and the LTS kernel is 4.9.31-1.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

#3 2017-06-12 17:19:24

camwebb

Re: Evdev: touchscreen Right Button Emulation failing

@2ManyDogs Thanks for the polite way of suggesting I check again on a fully current system (and prob. shouldn't have asked this Q without having done this first!), but the issue is still there after a full update.

Board footer