You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-05 19:05:16

ActionNews
Website

installing pakages from ArchLinux-CD + ignore special pakage

Hello!

I got the problem, that i use a "AVM Fritz!Card DSL" for connecting to the Internet (the Fritz!Card ist a PCI-DSL-Modem). To get it working, i had to recompile the Kernel with capi-support, install capi-utils and last but not least the driver for my Fritz!Card (which can be found at www.avm.de ). Now after a "pacman -S pacman" and "pacman -Syu" pacman installed the newest version of ppp: 2.4.2. The problem is that capi-Utils depend on ppp, but it only compiles plugins for ppp 2.4.2b3, 2.4.1 or older. So with ppp 2.4.2 my Fritz!Card doesn't work anymore sad (error message: pppd 2.4.2: userplugin.so was compiled for 2.4.2b3 )!

So i got two questions:
1. How can i install ppp 2.4.1 from my ArchLinux 0.5 CD (i saw under /arch/pkg there is the corresponding pakage)? I didn't get it managed with pacman sad! Sorry, i'm new to ArchLinux.
2. How can i tell pacman NOT to update ppp with "pacman -Syu" till there are capi-Utils which compile for ppp 2.4.2?

I hope then it will work again smile.

CU ActionNews

PS: Please excuse if my English is terrible :?.

[URL=http://www.nethands.de/athlon/show.php3?user=actionnews]My System[/URL] - one click ahead!

#2 2004-03-05 19:29:24

sarah31
Website

Re: installing pakages from ArchLinux-CD + ignore special pakage

1. mount the cd and navigate into the section that has the packages then pacman -A ppp-version-release.pkg.tar.gz (make sure you have any depends installed as the -A option has no dependency solving capabilities)

2. in /etc/pacman.conf there is an IgnorePkg= section put ppp there and make sure that the line is uncommented.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-03-05 19:35:55

ActionNews
Website

Re: installing pakages from ArchLinux-CD + ignore special pakage

Thank you smile! I'll try it smile!

EDIT: It worked smile. somehow easy.... if you know the commands. I hab to uninstall pp 2.4.2 with "pacman -Rdf ppp", because without uninstalling ppp2.4.2 first get a message "ppp already installed" from "pacman -A ppp- xyz.pkg.tar.gz" .

CU ActionNews

[URL=http://www.nethands.de/athlon/show.php3?user=actionnews]My System[/URL] - one click ahead!

Board footer