You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-15 00:56:21

toxygen

Problems with firefox-esr-privacy (and other firefox packages)

I have two weird issues
first, during build, i get error at the end:

/usr/bin/ldd : cannot find -lcrmf

at the link stage.  after much searching, I had to manually rebuild nss 3.31 and add a line to add libcrmf.a (which was in previous versions of nss but not the latest)

the second issue, after the build, I get weird image artifacts, such as tabs not showing the right background, images not loading in webpages :
https://pixhost.org/show/669/41436151_imagetest.jpg

this shows a search on google images for "test", with several GUI elements missing, and images not being displayed on the webpage itself.

this is on a blank profile (and in existing profiles).  I thought it was a gtk theme issue, but switching to a default theme for gtk3 doesnt resolve the issue.  this has happened with any manually built package for firefox, including firefox-esr, -esr-privacy, -esr-gtk2, firefox-devel and the arch firefox pacakage itself.  using a binary package (such as firefox-esr-bin and firefox from arch) does not have this behavior and pages load normally, the GUI shows elements, etc. 

arch is updated, i'm using kde and breeze-dark theme on arch, but it also happens in lxde (gtk based) and openbox.  other gtk apps do not have any issues with displaying GUI elements or images (geeqie for example) and like i said, the previous version of firefox-esr-* and prebuilt packages do not have the issue. 

i have base-devel, the gtk3/2 packages, and i dont get any errors about missing libs (other than the first issue i mentioned).

any ideas? 

i also posted this in the AUR page for firefox-esr-privacy :
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-esr-privacy

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

#2 2017-06-16 00:00:56

loqs

Re: Problems with firefox-esr-privacy (and other firefox packages)

Board footer