You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-16 15:11:14

AcousticBruce

[SOLVED] No adb device showing for Android phone.

I am having an issue getting ADB Devices to show up when running:

$ adb devices

USB debugging is on. In developer options I turn on USB debugging and it is clearly checked. Just to be safe, I restarted phone and logged out and back in my Linux user.

### What I have done:

• added myself to 'adbusers' group

• installed 'android-tools'

• installed 'android-udev'

• logged out and back in (in case adding my user to 'adbusers' group was needed)

• created /etc/udev/51-android.rules

• tried other USB ports

$ cat /etc/udev/51-android.rules 
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="12d1", MODE="0660", GROUP="adbusers"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="12d1",ATTR{idProduct}=="107e",SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="12d1",ATTR{idProduct}=="107e",SYMLINK+="android_fastboot"

* command 'lsusb' returns:

Bus 001 Device 012: ID 12d1:107e Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
# udevadm control --reload-rules
$ adb devices
# adb devices

Nothing shows up.

I have searched forums and found mostly people with windows driver issues. I have seen even weird things like turn off USB storage connection. I am in another country and my girlfriend bought me a Huawei Nova Lite. It is not my first choice of a phone, but it is MUCH better then no phone at all.

Latest: I created

$ cat ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
0x12d1

Even though direction do not say to put the '0x' in front. I did. I also did it without the '0x' just as lsusb shows for Vendor ID. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited by AcousticBruce (2017-06-16 15:56:03)

#2 2017-06-16 15:16:35

drcouzelis
Website

Re: [SOLVED] No adb device showing for Android phone.

Yes, I have a suggestion!

...I am NOT in any group, other than "users"...
...the only Android packages I have installed are "android-tools" and "android-udev"...
...I had my phone connected to my computer with a USB cable, but ADB couldn't see my phone...

The fix? Use a different USB port. I had to use a USB port on the BACK of my computer. hmm

Please try different combinations of USB ports and USB cables. Does that fix the issue?

#3 2017-06-16 15:41:17

AcousticBruce

Yes, I forgot to mention, I tried other USB reports. Unfortunately, it does not work. Thank you.

#4 2017-06-16 15:53:00

AcousticBruce

Well, I restarted phone into recovery mode, the rebooted and it saw my computer and I gave my phone permission.

To be honest, I have no idea what fixed the issue and that bothers me. I want to assume it was the phone and because of it's software.
It was a mix of:

• changing USB over and over again,

• rebooting phone,

• going into recovery ( not doing anything in recovery other then rebooting ).

I followed Arch Linux wiki completely.

Edit: One thing, I think I did differently, is when when I plugged in the USB, I selected 'charge only'. I also have allow ADB in 'charge only mode' selected in Android options.

Last edited by AcousticBruce (2017-06-16 15:59:23)

#5 2017-10-01 19:59:45

naraesk

Did you find the cause why it is working now? Have the same problem, followed the arch wiki and already tested all available usb ports and cables but it still doesn't shop up.

Last edited by naraesk (2017-10-01 20:37:08)

Board footer