You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-20 19:29:41

n00body

MODULES & DAEMONS

One thing that has been a prevalent problem for me thus far is having certain programs not work since I didn't have a couple of Daemons/Modules enabled for boot-ups. Can anyone give me a typical list of each to run for a full gnome/xfce environment, with ati gfx?

Oh yeah, is there any good way to catch the info that passes by when pacman starts installing packages? A lot of those important tips fly by so quickly that I can't catch them. I know how to deal with that in the Desktop, but how do I handle this before that is installed?

Arch = Debian + Gentoo + Bleeding edge software - annoyances. wink

#2 2006-06-20 20:28:54

twiistedkaos

Re: MODULES & DAEMONS

n00body wrote:

One thing that has been a prevalent problem for me thus far is having certain programs not work since I didn't have a couple of Daemons/Modules enabled for boot-ups. Can anyone give me a typical list of each to run for a full gnome/xfce environment, with ati gfx?

Oh yeah, is there any good way to catch the info that passes by when pacman starts installing packages? A lot of those important tips fly by so quickly that I can't catch them. I know how to deal with that in the Desktop, but how do I handle this before that is installed?

I beleive you should check KDE / Gnome's wiki page for the list of daemons they require:

GNOME: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome

KDE: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE

I know GNOME doesn't require any modules just daemons, not sure about KDE.

#3 2006-06-20 23:51:23

test1000

You can pause the text output in a terminal by pressing ctrl+s and ctrl+q to start it again. You'd think this is dangerous if your used to windows but it's totally super-fluffy-bunny-safe. Also there's logs for "everything" in /var/log/ so you could also check pacman.log in there.

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#4 2006-06-21 01:40:32

elasticdog
Website

Also you can hold down the <code><Shift></code> key and then hit <code><PageUp></code>...

Board footer