You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-18 18:31:46

Nydus404

Virt Manager window 8.1 uefi driver's missing at installation issue

First and foremost hello arch linux forums!

I'm having an issue with my windows 8.1 bootable uefi stick finding the virtio drivers for scsi. I followed the instructions at arch pci passthrough page but when I get to the step of actually creating the vm my uefi window 8.1 stick loads fine. The disk is a scsi and I have the virtio scsi controller with a sata cdrom containing the latest virtio drivers. In the installation screen I go to cd drive letter:/viroscsi/win8.1/amd64/ and click ok. It loads a .inf file and I click next. The installation searches for a bit and returns an error saying no new drivers were found. Is there something wrong with my settings? I've had few problems I couldn't solve with some startpage searches and combing the arch wiki but this I can't seem to figure out. It frustrating because I'm already passing the gpu to the vm so I know I'm close. I can tell that as my screen connected to the card turns on whenever the vm is on. Any info you need just let me know. I've seen some people talking about placing files from the virt driver iso on to the install media but none seem to see fit to say where they placed the files exactly... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2017-06-19 12:25:50

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Virt Manager window 8.1 uefi driver's missing at installation issue

You did remember to Uncheck the box for "Hide drivers that aren't compatible with this computer's hardware". ?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/QE … dows_guest

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer