You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-20 11:47:49

demirdag

Arch on MacBook10,1 (Retina) - Some problems

Hello everybody!

I am a Arch Linux user and am using the above laptop for my work. I'm currently experiencing problems with the following:

- When I expand my screen using a displayport or hdmi cable, the second screen does not perform like it should. There is about 1sec to 1,5sec of screen lag. If I choose the external display to be the primary one, I see my panel with program starter on that screen. The problem however, is that when I click "K" to get the program-menu, first it takes a second before anything happens. Then there is a transparent outline of the menu being animated on the screen (the folding out animation of the menu). After this animation, the menu appears for real...And it's really slow to react. I can mouse-over the items but the selection-box doesn't appear for about 2 secs. When it appears and I move the mouse to another item, again it will take about 2 secs for the highlighting to happen. I do not have any problems on the main Retina screen.

Another thing is that I can move windows around freely and normally on the external display. typing in a Konsole window works too...It's just the elements on the panel and desktop (folders) that are slow to respond to mouse gestures etc...

I am using xf86-video-intel and nouveau drivers. The "lspci | grep VGA" output is:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT 650M Mac Edition] (rev a1)

I uninstalled the nouveau drivers just to test, but the problem persists. Other question: Why am I still seeing nouveau items when I execute "lsmod"???

Can anyone help me with this? I really like to use the second screen functionality without lag....

Another problem is that my Apple Trackpad keeps losing connection to bluetooth. There is no clear reason as to why it will connect again, but it does quite some tries later.

Thank you!

Last edited by demirdag (2017-06-20 11:51:13)

Board footer