You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-20 03:10:03

Develon

[Solved!] Hulu is not working. (hal & hal-info, hal-flash)

Hello everyone. I cannot get Hulu and hal to work at all. I've installed flashplugin and firefox, but it doesn't matter if I use hal and hal-info, or just hal-flash. The only thing that happens is it plays the Fox intro, along with the family guy times thing, and then it's just a black screen.

I've tried to go to http://drmtest2.adobe.com:8080/SVP/Samp … er_FP.html in firefox, but it just gets stuck on "Loading Flash Access License"

I really want to watch my shows again, but this problem prevents me from doing so. Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Develon

Last edited by Develon (2017-06-20 14:00:17)

#2 2017-06-20 11:34:08

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: [Solved!] Hulu is not working. (hal & hal-info, hal-flash)

might have to make sure your ethernet interface is named eth0, because "reasons"

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#3 2017-06-20 11:39:38

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Mr E, can you elaborate?  Was that response perhaps intended for a different thread as it doesn't seem to make sense here.  Certainly flash and hal-flash do some funny things and have odd requirements - but the ethernet interface name??  Would that imply that you think one could not stream hulu a wireless connection?

OP, when I last used hulu it did require flashplugin and hal-flash.  I was using hal-flash-git, and everything worked fine.  This, however, was only up until hulu changed to a subscription-only service.  But you could try hal-flash-git.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2017-06-20 13:59:45

Develon

Hello, Trilby. I figured out that flashplugin and lib32-flashplugin had an update, so I installed them. I also noticed that my version of hal-flash-git was higher than the newest version. (?) I reinstalled hal-flash-git, and Firefox asked if I wanted to enable drm for Hulu! It then installed some components, and Hulu now works! Thanks for the advice now. I'll be sure to mark this as solved.

Also, I hope someone will see this someday and benefit from this.

#5 2017-06-20 14:10:23

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Develon wrote:

I also noticed that my version of hal-flash-git was higher than the newest version.

Depending on what you mean here, this is likely perfectly normal.  When you build a -git package from the AUR (or any vcs package) the version you build and install will (almost) always be newer than what is listed in the AUR web interface or listed by any AUR helper.  With vcs/git packages you build from the newest available code and makepkg sets the pkgver appropriately when you build the package.  The AUR web interface and helpers list the pkgver from the last time the packager updated the package.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer