You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-21 14:54:07

Mikos
Website

Parallels Workstation (virtualization solution) PKGBUILD

I have created PKGBUILD for Parallels Workstation. You can find it in AUR:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … =1&ID=5703

Please test it if it works well for you (for me it works without problems).

Parallels Workstation is a powerful, easy to use, cost effective desktop virtualization solution that empowers PC users with the ability to create completely networked, fully portable, entirely independent virtual machines on a single physical machine.

It offers same speed and comfort as VMWare Workstation, but is much cheaper (Parallels Workstation costs only $49.99, but VMWare Workstation costs $199).

#2 2006-06-21 16:02:36

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Parallels Workstation (virtualization solution) PKGBUILD

The thing that vmware does for me, that I consider my most used/favorite feature, is the vm teaming aspect, with internal only network segments.
I can have many VM's networked together, without having to create virtual nics on the host.

Does parallels do that too?

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2006-06-21 18:17:48

Mikos
Website

Yes, Parallels Workstation supports host-only networking. This is from user guide:

<b>Networking in Virtual Machine</b>
Parallels Workstation allows two types of networking in Virtual Machine, Bridged Ethernet and Host-only networking ...

<b>Bridged Ethernet Networking</b>
The Bridged Ethernet type of networking allows to access real network outside Virtual Machine, Local Area Network and/or Internet, via Ethernet adapter installed on host computer ...

<b>Creating Host-Only Network</b>
Parallels Workstation provides virtual network accessible only to primary operating system and virtual machines running on it. Primary operating system is attached to this network through Parallels Host-Guest Virtual NIC adapter installed along with Parallels Workstation ...

#4 2006-06-21 18:40:20

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

No. Not host only networking. that was my point.
Internal VM team network *without* a host nic (ie. hostonly network).

I guess that answers my question though..a resounding "No".

*shrug*

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer