You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-19 13:03:31

elb
Website

Trying to package libglide3 (Voodoo 3/Banshee)

Hello,

I'm trying to package libglide3 (necessary to use a Voodoo 3/Banshee with DRI). Being unlucky to find official sources, I took those from Slackware and Gentoo, and found inspiration from theirs buildscripts.
Using any of both, I can't manage to compile libglide3. I get the following output :

(...)
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS' is undefine
d                                                                               
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am:                                             
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: The usual way to define `CCAS' is to add `AM
_PROG_AS'                                                                       
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `aut
oconf' again.                                                                   
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' is und
efined                                                                          
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am:                                             
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: The usual way to define `CCASFLAGS' is to ad
d `AM_PROG_AS'                                                                  
h5/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `aut
oconf' again.                                                                   
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Being unlucky with a source package, I made a PKGBUILD from Slackware libglide3 binaries. It works, glxinfo and glxgears work as excpected. However, every 3D app I launch fails...

Has someone been more lucky with this graphic card ? I would appreciate to be able to build libglide3 from source...

Here is my source PKGBUILD (the "install" part is not finished, don't bother with this, my first goal is to succeed in building the software).

# Contributor: Eric Le Bras <eric>                             

pkgname=glide_h3_dri                                                            
pkgver=3.10                                                                     
pkrel=1                                                                         
pkgdesc="Glide for Voodoo 3/Banshee with DRI support"                           
source=(glide3x-3.10.tar.gz                                                    
        swlibs-3.10.tar.gz                                                     
        glide-v3-3.10-fixes.patch.bz2)                                          
md5sums=('322250849c105f9b7d7e3690c69ed474'                                    
         'dec0b3a17912934f6da79f57cd0a802c'                                    
         'f9966f8f4185fd00d67ff7b7dff598eb')                                    

build() {                                                                       
   chmod +x $startdir/src/swlibs/include/make/ostype                            
   ( cd $startdir/src/glide3x ; ln -s $startdir/src/swlibs swlibs )             

# Glide3x build section                                                      
   # These symlinks must be in place to build a DRI library                     
   ( cd $startdir/src/glide3x/h3/minihwc ; ln -s linhwc.c.dri linhwc.c )        
   ( cd $startdir/src/glide3x/h3/glide3/src ; ln -s gglide.c.dri gglide.c )     
   ( cd $startdir/src/glide3x/h3/glide3/src ; ln -s gsst.c.dri gsst.c )         
   ( cd $startdir/src/glide3x/h3/glide3/src ; ln -s glfb.c.dri glfb.c )         

# The Voodoo Banshee and Voodoo3 are known as an "h3"                        
   cd $startdir/src/glide3x                                                     
   patch -N -p1 -i ../glide-v3-3.10-fixes.patch || return 1                     
   export WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.4" WANT_AUTOCONF="2.5"                               
   libtoolize -f && aclocal && automake && autoconf                             

# install Glide3x                                                            
#   cd $startdir/src/glide3x/build                                              
#   ./build.3dfx install                                                        
#   ( cd /usr/lib                                                               
#     rm -rf libglide3.so.3  ; ln -sf libglide3.so.3.10.0 libglide3.so.3        
#     rm -rf libglide3.so    ; ln -sf libglide3.so.3 libglide3.so               
#     rm -rf libglide3x.so   ; ln -sf libglide3.so libglide3x.so                
#     rm -rf libglide3x.so.3 ; ln -sf libglide3x.so libglide3x.so.3 )           
}

#2 2006-06-19 14:03:17

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Trying to package libglide3 (Voodoo 3/Banshee)

According to the website, there has been one actual release - 3.10.00.30303, on 01 September 2003, but apart from that

Current development is being done in the cvs branch glide-devel-branch.

The release tarball can be downloaded here, but given its age, I'd be more inclined to do a CVS build.

#3 2006-06-22 10:12:52

elb
Website

Re: Trying to package libglide3 (Voodoo 3/Banshee)

Ok, I was able to build a package from the latest CVS sources.

Now it seems to work, glxinfo reports "Direct rendering enabled", glxgears runs at 600 fps (under 100 before), but applications fail. Tux Racer cores as soon as I press the space bar to begin, and other 3D apps also do. Exactly the same as with the Slackware binary.

Are there others who have experimented Voodoo/Banshee ?

Board footer