You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-18 03:55:27

ShaneRoach

[Solved] Various Dwarf Fortress AUR Packages

So Dwarf Fortress itself installs just fine from Arch Main, but to get any of the various mods, hacks, etc, I go to the AUR and they are scattered all over and do not seem to function correctly. DFHack in particular really is supposed to be installed into the same directory as DF, but I have no idea how to pull that off with DF itself being in Main and DFHack being from the user repositories and from Github.

I finally managed to get the Lazy Noob Pack installed, apparently because in installing all of the other AUR Dwarf Fortress related addons I managed to get the file dependencies straightened out. When I first tried to install Lazy Noob Pack, it simply refused to compile because it could not figure out how to go about updating multilib, or that was the impression I got from the errors I read.

My question? Is there anyone here who actually plays this on Arch, and if so can you walk me through getting it all to work? Currently Lazy Noob Pack seems ok, but lacks sound. The error is as follows in the DFHack window:

"Picking OpenAL Soft. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32 bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, conficure ./opebalrc appropriately"

Seems I still have sime Lib32/Multilib problems?

Last edited by ShaneRoach (2017-07-01 18:22:54)

#2 2017-07-01 14:41:12

Sindarin

Re: [Solved] Various Dwarf Fortress AUR Packages

sorry pal, I've played DF a few months before with the Lazy Noob Pack too and I'd no problems. hmm

* install arch cool               * install dsk envir. cool
* i've returned to gnome3 cool    * install libreoffice cool
* make the scnn wrk cool  * printer works cool
* skype works cool            * shared folder cool

#3 2017-07-01 18:22:30

ShaneRoach

Re: [Solved] Various Dwarf Fortress AUR Packages

I forgot I posted this.

The key for me at least was NOT to start PyLNP from the command line. Either go to the download folder, or presumably if you installed it through the AUR, just start it from the search bar in Gnome. Or whatever you do to start it using the GUI in other desktop environments.

Board footer