You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-04 01:56:03

Hazerd

Screenshot/Screenshare programs use all monitors at once

I am using bspwm as my Window Manager, and I am configuring Xorg via Xrandr in my ~/.xinitrc file.

My issue is: Whenever I use a screenshot/screenshare program which is supposed to target individual monitors at a time, they stitch all 3 of my monitors into one large image.
Even the programs which properly detect my 3 separate monitors (such as Teamviewer) suffer from this, whichever monitor I tell it to share, it shares all 3 stitched together.
This is not much of an issue with screenshot programs, I could pipe the image into ImageMagick to crop out the part I want. This is really an issue with screenshare programs though, making them practically unusable.

I theorized that configuring Xorg to use a separate screen per monitor could fix this, however when I do this (via nvidia-settings) BSPWM seems to only detect Screen 0. Everything worked on that single screen, but the other screens were left blank (no bar, I couldn't move windows to them)

Does anybody have advice for me? If I left out any necessary details, just let me know.

#2 2017-07-04 07:31:13

seth

Re: Screenshot/Screenshare programs use all monitors at once

A zaphod mode (what you tried last) implies a complete separation of everything. You cannot control them with one WM process but will require 3 (on for each screen) and you cannot move windows across the screens either.
Unfortunately I don't know whether teamviewer is configurable itr. but you'd likely seek for some (generic) geometry restriction.

Board footer