You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-28 05:39:41

lyntux

[Solved] HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w

My HP LaserJet Professional P1102w printer was working until about January 2017. I've been struggling and struggling to get it working in CUPS on my Arch Linux system. I tried everything but I couldn't find an answer.

"hplip-plugin" was installed on my system and it was up to date. Thanks to "hp-diagnose_queues" and "hp-doctor" I realized I needed to add my user to the "lp" group. But those commands were still showing an error, "error: Unable to communicate with device (code=12)". I don't recall exactly the error that "hp-toolbox" was showing me, I think it was "Device communication error 5012 Please correct the problem and try again".

In a moment of weakness and desperation I pulled out a laptop... a WINDOWS LAPTOP! **dramatic music**

On a Windows 7 laptop I downloaded the HP firmware updater for my printer and attempted to update the firmware on my HP LaserJet Professional P1102w printer via a USB cable. It was successful in installing the latest version of the printer firmware. Firmware version "20150114". I deleted and re-added my printer to CUPS with the "hp-toolbox" utility and tried to print a test page... SUCCESS!

Updating my printer's firmware to a firmware version two and a half years old was successful in fixing all of the printer problems I've been experiencing for the last six months. I may have been successful in updating the printer drivers via running the firmware updater in wine, but an old Windows laptop I had lying around was sufficient to fixing my HP LaserJet Professional P1102w printer problems. Hopefully, this helps one other person in fixing their printer issues.

#2 2017-07-06 17:21:03

7thSon

Re: [Solved] HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w

Thank you so much for this! Got my printer working after procrastinating fixing it since my initial attempts were ridden with so many issues.

Board footer