You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-11 16:55:28

Terresk

Alien Isolation

I tried the solution from the wiki where I had to symlink the library and then this came up

sirx@Veldin ..m/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin % ./AlienIsolation
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)

anyone knows how to fix that?

#2 2017-05-11 17:43:09

ChemBro

Re: Alien Isolation

First: I did not symlink anything and the game starts.

Second: This is this Feral games OpenSSL issue (since Arch Linux updated to OpenSSL 1.1.0). I forgot the details, but you should find one of the several threads about it. You need to install something like libopenssl-compat from AUR and then edit the start config for the game in Steam... As I said, forgot the details, but I'm sure, you'll find it.

#3 2017-05-11 19:47:28

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

ChemBro wrote:

You need to install something like libopenssl-compat from AUR

openssl-1.0 is in the main repos.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2017-05-13 11:15:10

ChemBro

Trilby wrote:
ChemBro wrote:

You need to install something like libopenssl-compat from AUR

openssl-1.0 is in the main repos.

That it is and isn't enough. I did test it already.

#5 2017-07-23 18:18:57

MoonDog

Wondering if anyone fixed this.

First I am not using Arch (used too, long ago, but thats a long story), but I dont see why my fix on Slackware wouldnt work on any distro.

Ok the dump the OP posted.

./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
./AlienIsolation: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)

Ignore the libcrypto, ssl, etc.  That isnt the issue.  The issue is libcurl.so.4, which is a static file in /home/sirx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Alien Isolation/lib/x86_64 (or at least it is on my system).

So we need to find the libcurl.so that is installed on our system, not the one they cobbled together that doesnt work.  Mine was in /usr/lib64 , yours may differ.  Go look for it.

cd /path/to/Alien Isolation/lib/x86_64
mv libcurl.so.4 old_libcurl.so.4
ln -s /usr/lib64/libcurl.so libcurl.so.4

Run the game.

On mine it now works fine.  I had a similar problem on Dying Light the other day.  I suspect the issue is exactly same.  Look for dodgy .so files packaged with the game and replace them with links to the ones that came with your distro.

#6 2017-07-24 11:33:13

ChemBro

The easier way would be to use the Steam runtime.

#7 2017-07-24 12:35:23

MoonDog

Im not the developer of the product, nor am I a steam developer.  So I wasnt exactly going to search the entire steam directory for one shared object file, when I know a perfectly fine and working version is sat in my systems lib directory.  If people want to link off the steam version thats buried inside the runtime directories, they are free to do so, alternatively you could build it from source and link against those.  Their are many different ways to link against a shared object.  But which one do you 100% know will work out of the box?

My reply simply tells people how to fix the problem.  I have no interest in which binary they link to, or anything else, just that they know how to get past the error message.

The ideal solution would be the game developer does a proper job for starters.  Instead of using a custom file, run a script to either find and link against the steam runtime, or the system version, based on which is newer (or more likely to work).

If the above solution helps someone to play this game or some other game that wont run due to shared object incompatibilities brought on by shoddy programming, then I consider these posts to be worthwhile.

#8 2017-08-02 14:26:20

skeevy420

MoonDog wrote:

snipped

What you described is exactly how I fixed this problem on my Arch box.  Only on Arch it was located at /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 
The first thing I do when a Steam game doesn't work is ldd, find the broken lib, replace it with something from /usr/lib, and play my game (has worked for every game I've needed it to).

@ChemBro

Whether one uses Native or Runtime really varies by the game.  KSP, for one example, for me at least, works much better with either Native or without steam running at all than it does when using Runtime.  Tomb Raider is another game that, for me, works better with Native.

I run KSP from my own script tuned for RadeonSI. Anybody wanting to use it will need to tweak "taskset -c" to use the relevant cores (I run games on my 2nd processor).  All the flags after KSP.x86_64 will (should) work with any Unity Engine based game.  I'm sharing this because I use it as a base for any game I have that requires tweaking.

#!/bin/zsh

DIR=$PWD

export LC_ALL=C 
export LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so"
export R600_DEBUG="sbcl,hyperz,llvm,sisched,forcedma"
export vblank_mode=0

exec taskset -c 7-15 $DIR/KSP.x86_64 -single-instance -force-glcore45 -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 
-screen-fullscreen 1 -screen-quality Fantastic

RadeonSI users can add the "export R600_DEBUG" line to /etc/environment (or any other file that does exports) to use the RadeonSI tweaks system-wide (I do, also recommend enabling Magic Sysrq if going system-wide to be safe...had the UI freeze twice in three weeks since doing that, not sure if freezes and export is related).  The "LD_PRELOAD" line is technically a NVidia tweak, but I've never had any issues when using it.  vblank_mode is VSync, 0 off, 1 on (doesn't always stick from /etc/environment...so many damn things tweak VSync...).

Board footer