You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-25 00:55:56

idjut

Cant get battery status anymore

For a week now I cant see my battery status anymore. I'm not sure if it was an upgrade or a pacman -Syu that caused it. I cant even open the adesklet systemmonitor, gkrellm shows no info and the battery in e17 has no info. When I do modprobe this is the output:

# modprobe battery
FATAL: Module battery not found.

I have a ECS Green 553 laptop.

A related issue:

I have powersave, but powersave -s just gives me "unknown reply code to 'BatteryState' reques". This appears as a bug and a fix was issued for debian 24 may it seems. What about arch?

Linux user #403491

"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." - E. A. Poe from Eleonora

#2 2006-06-25 02:03:46

idjut

Re: Cant get battery status anymore

Found it out. I have to boot with the battery in.. I thought udev or something would detect that there was a battery inserted ?? How can I load it if I didnt have it in when I booted?

Linux user #403491

"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." - E. A. Poe from Eleonora

Board footer