You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-04 13:44:42

WhittlesJr
Member
Registered: 2017-08-04
Posts: 6

gnupg + KDEWallet: ssh-add hanging

Well, I swear this worked a while back, but I'm having issues.

ssh-add ~/.ssh/aur
Enter passphrase for /home/users/alexj/.ssh/aur:

I enter it, and the pinentry dialog pops up as expected. I enter the pin, and hit ok. but then nothing happens, and the above command hangs.

Logs reveal the following:

Aug 04 09:09:58 alexwhitt-dev gpg-agent[2379]: warning: unknown GETINFO capability flavor
Aug 04 09:09:58 alexwhitt-dev gpg-agent[2379]: warning: unknown GETINFO capability ttyinfo
Aug 04 09:09:58 alexwhitt-dev gpg-agent[2379]: warning: unknown line 'SETKEYINFO --clear'
Aug 04 09:09:58 alexwhitt-dev gpg-agent[2379]: warning: unknown line 'SETREPEATERROR does not match - tr
Aug 04 09:09:58 alexwhitt-dev gpg-agent[2379]: warning: unknown line 'SETREPEAT Repeat:'
ps -ef | grep gpg
alexj     2379   704  0 09:08 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/gpg-agent --supervised
alexj    14942  2332  0 09:27 pts/4    00:00:00 grep gpg

And some other relevant stuff:

I'd really appreciate any help! And Let me know if you need me to include any other info. I'm pretty stumped hmm

EDIT: Looking over this again, if I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with /usr/bin/gpg-agent's TTY column showing as "?". But I'm not sure what to do about that...

EDIT 2: I tried moving the SSH_AGENT_PID/SSH_AUTH_SOCK stuff to /etc/security/pam_env.conf per https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#SSH_agent. Things... changed, but I still don't think it's working. Every time I log in, I get prompted to add only one of my keys (from ssh-add.sh), and asks me to set a PIN every time.

But gpg-connect-agent -> keyinfo --list shows no keys still. It doesn't seem to be "sticking" Those gpg-agent log errors went away though...

Last edited by WhittlesJr (2017-08-04 19:09:19)

Offline

#2 2017-08-04 21:41:30

WhittlesJr
Member
Registered: 2017-08-04
Posts: 6

Re: gnupg + KDEWallet: ssh-add hanging

I'm working on giving up on gpg-agent for caching ssh keys and moving to just plain ssh-agent. I figure with KDEWallet caching them anyway, why bother with gpg-agent, especially if it's not even working. Not sure why I was so committed to doing it that way.

I'm fighting with my Ansible config at the moment but I'll post the results when I'm done for posterity.

Offline

#3 2017-08-07 15:48:03

WhittlesJr
Member
Registered: 2017-08-04
Posts: 6

Re: gnupg + KDEWallet: ssh-add hanging

Yeep, ssh-agent is working just fine so I'm gonna forget about gnupg for caching ssh keys in this scenario.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB