You are not logged in.
I believe this message is coming from polipo.
I change proxies and the message goes away and shows up on any browser.
I think this is related to the localhost being changed to archlinux with the recent kernel change/upgrade (as it can't resolve hostname archlinux).
Possibly a change to /etc/hosts to make archlinux...loopback...but if there are several machines.
Last edited by nomorewindows (2017-08-06 17:08:03)
I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
I think this is related to the localhost being changed to archlinux with the recent kernel change/upgrade (as it can't resolve hostname archlinux).
What kernel change was this?
Offline
nomorewindows wrote:I think this is related to the localhost being changed to archlinux with the recent kernel change/upgrade (as it can't resolve hostname archlinux).
What kernel change was this?
To linux 4.12.4-1
I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
Apparently other problems with current kernel upgrade:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=228847
I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
Can you elaborate on what you mean by localhost being changed to archlinux?
Offline
And post the output of "hostnamectl"
Offline
Static hostname: n/a
Transient hostname: archlinux
Icon name: computer-laptop
Chassis: laptop
Machine ID:
Boot ID:
Operating System: Arch Linux
Kernel: Linux 4.12.4-1-ARCH
Architecture: x86-64I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … e_hostname
Networkmanager will otherwise make one up and "adjust" your hosts, breaking half the system.
Offline
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … e_hostname
Networkmanager will otherwise make one up and "adjust" your hosts, breaking half the system.
Even with connmand/cmst?
I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
I don't know how connman behaves, but you do get a transient hostname and suspect a hostname related issue and have trouble to resolve the transient hostname.
So set a static one.
Offline
It looks like after I change the hostname on the machine with polipo and restart it, it starts behaving again. Not sure about the other clients. But then if I try to set the polipo machine back to localhost.localdomain, then it reports in systemctl status polipo
Couldn't determine host name -- using polipo.I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.
Offline
if I try to set the polipo machine back to localhost.localdomain
Then don't do that.
"localhost" or "localhost.localdomain" can (and by default "will") resolve 127.0.0.1 anyway, but is not suited as a hostname for exactly that reason: every node in the subnet is "localhost"
On a sidenote: polipo is unmaintaned.
Offline