You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-06 15:10:28

mean_booty
Member
Registered: 2016-09-15
Posts: 26

XFCE won't shutdown while steam is running.

So around a month ago, my arch started not shutting down when using the XFCE shutdown or restart button. When I click the button, only steam shuts down. I have to hit it a second time after steam is already exited in order for it to actually shut down.

I'm not sure the exact update this started happening on as I started coming back to my computer and thinking I had just forgotten to press shutdown.

I'm up to date on all updates, but I'm not sure what logs to grab for this problem. Could anyone help me out or have had a similar issue?


MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC | Ryzen 3600X | 32 GB 3200MHz Micron-E | RX 5700XT Pulse

Offline

#2 2017-08-06 17:03:43

bu.domino
Member
Registered: 2012-11-22
Posts: 15

Re: XFCE won't shutdown while steam is running.

I've also got the same issue. Steam decides to exit instead of shutting down.

> poweroff 0

Seems to be ok, but muscle memory has me always clicking the shutdown button instead.

Offline

#3 2017-08-06 20:54:25

mean_booty
Member
Registered: 2016-09-15
Posts: 26

Re: XFCE won't shutdown while steam is running.

> shutdown now
also seems to work, but I don't think that is a graceful shutdown.
Does it have anything to do with the order of the steam startup? At one point I had to put steam as the last autostart program or else I would have to restart it to play any games.


MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC | Ryzen 3600X | 32 GB 3200MHz Micron-E | RX 5700XT Pulse

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB