You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-04 10:49:16

VisionIncision
Member
Registered: 2011-08-30
Posts: 24

i3status erroneous output.

Hi all,
I am using a very simple i3 status bar configuration on my laptop and am getting some strange output for a relatively simple configuration.
My configuration is as follows:-

general {
		output_format = "dzen2"
		colors = true
		interval = 1
}

order += "tztime local"
order += "battery 0"

battery 0 {
	format = "%status %percentage - %remaining"
	path = "/sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/uevent"
	low_threshold = 30
}

tztime local {
        format = "%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S"
}

But the output of my i3 status bar is as follows:

04-08-2917 11:48:21^fg(#333333)^p(5;-2)^ro(2)^p()^p(5)^fg()CHR 45.37 - 01:19:29

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by VisionIncision (2017-08-04 13:07:47)

Offline

#2 2017-08-05 09:29:46

effae
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 39

Re: i3status erroneous output.

What are you using i3status with?

Offline

#3 2017-08-05 10:10:27

smlb
Member
From: /dev/null
Registered: 2013-05-20
Posts: 60
Website

Re: i3status erroneous output.

effae wrote:

What are you using i3status with?

It's dzen2 as you can see from the `output_format`, the problem I guess it's the dzen2 script in this case.

Offline

#4 2017-08-06 10:35:45

effae
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 39

Re: i3status erroneous output.

smlb wrote:
effae wrote:

What are you using i3status with?

It's dzen2 as you can see from the `output_format`, the problem I guess it's the dzen2 script in this case.

This was kinda what I was driving at; is the problem with dzen2 or just with the original poster copying default configuration parameters from the man pages and using it with i3bar..

Offline

#5 2017-08-07 16:09:07

VisionIncision
Member
Registered: 2011-08-30
Posts: 24

Re: i3status erroneous output.

Hi all,
Sorry for the late response, have been very busy. I haven't touched the dzen2 config at all. The only file I have modified is the i3status file that I posted.

Best

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB