You are not logged in.
All text is missing from the Chromium gui. Text is also missing in the drop down bars and other menu displays in the LibreOffice suite. Both applications work correctly otherwise. In Chromium, I haven't noticed anything wrong when browsing the internet either.
These may seem like two unrelated issues, but they both appeared when I exported this environment variable:
export _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1. I'm not sure if this is the direct cause of the problem, but both these issues showed only after I set the variable. I may have broken something with the erroneous period after the 1.
Since then I have corrected the variable and I still have missing text which is why the variable may not be the cause.
I don't have any other information available. I can't get Chromium to create a log file and as far as I know LibreOffice doesn't even have the capability.
Any input is appreciated.
Last edited by RobinLikesToCode (2017-08-08 16:49:06)
Offline
UPDATE:
It turns out this problem was caused by a bad font that Chromium and LibreOffice were using; causing them to not render any text at all. I changed the font and both applications work as they should.
Offline