You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-09 01:04:06

redArch
Member
Registered: 2017-05-04
Posts: 3

Running a GUI Application on Startup without DE

I'm trying to salvage an old laptop (inspiron duo) as like a clock/weather display.  It's a pretty weak laptop so I wanted it to keep it very minimal and also create the application myself.  I would like to use electron so it would be easy to make changes and get a nice look.  Currently I've managed to get electron to launch using xinit, the touchscreen worked but it wasn't fullscreen and there was a cursor. 

https://preview.ibb.co/etp4ra/laptop.png

Any ides would be helpful.

Last edited by redArch (2017-08-09 01:10:15)

Offline

#2 2017-08-09 01:08:51

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Running a GUI Application on Startup without DE

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-08-09 01:10:32

redArch
Member
Registered: 2017-05-04
Posts: 3

Re: Running a GUI Application on Startup without DE

jasonwryan wrote:

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code

My bad sorry

Offline

#4 2017-08-09 01:55:00

Awebb
Member
Registered: 2010-05-06
Posts: 6,688

Re: Running a GUI Application on Startup without DE

Title: Running a GUI Application on Startup without DE

Currently I've managed to get electron to launch using xinit

Looks like mission accomplished.

For your mouse cursor problem, I once had the same, so I google'd "linux hide cursor touchscreen" and promptly found what I was looking for.

The rest is you and electron learning to get along. This is nothing we can help you with in a single thread. Your size problem is probably as easy as telling the window the screen dimensions, though.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB