You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-09 14:53:58

xfzfflm
Member
Registered: 2017-01-13
Posts: 7

GNOME/GDM login time extremely long when remote address mounted

Sometimes when I login into Gnome via GDM after sleep, it spends extremely long time. And after several test I found it occurs when I have remote address mounted and than changed my network environment (eg take my laptop to a difference with different WiFi access or no WiFi).

The following is what I've tested (mount point at ~/remote/[Mount point] ):
If I switch to tty and umount it by force, than the GUI login works fine. But the first time run of "umount -f" comes out with Target busy, so I need to run it twice. Relevant under journal is:
    Aug 09 10:20:44 [hostname] sudo[17856]:       [username] : TTY=tty4 ; PWD=/home/[username]/remote ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/umount -f [Mount point]
    Aug 09 10:20:44 [hostname] org.gnome.Shell.desktop[927]: glibtop(c=927): [WARNING] statvfs '/home/[username]/remote/[Mount point]' failed: Transport endpoint is not connected
       (this line repeats 15 times)
    Aug 09 10:20:47 [hostname] sudo[19328]:       [username] : TTY=tty4 ; PWD=/home/[username]/remote ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/umount -f [Mount point]
It doesn't matter if the mount point is at /home/[username] dir or deeper.
It doesn't matter if I mounted it using sudo mount.cifs or FUSE like sshfs.
When the GDM login is waiting, and under tty, the command "ls -l ~/remote" does not respond quickly, but "ls" without "-l" works fine.

I am under latest update for Arch.

Thank you very much for any suggestions about how to solve the problem or any work around to avoid this.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB