You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-09 15:33:38

Batou

[Solved] Mapping my right Super ("win") key to be a context menu key?

Hi all,

I have a TKL keyboard and it comes with two Super/win keys but doesn't come with a context menu key because there's a Function key in its place. I'd like to remap the right Super key to be a Menu key.

I've been looking at keycodes and keysyms of various keys and Super_R is mapped like this on my keyboard:

keycode 134 (keysym 0xffec, Super_R)

Unfortunately, I don't have a keyboard with a context menu handy so I don't know what keycode/keysym/name it has. I've searched on the web and through various keyboard layout files on my install but couldn't find the proper mappings.

Could someone please tell me how to remap Super_R to a context menu so it works in GNOME and Cinnamon?

Thanks!

Last edited by Batou (2017-08-09 19:55:27)

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#2 2017-08-09 18:29:25

stupidus

Re: [Solved] Mapping my right Super ("win") key to be a context menu key?

If you are on Xorg, you can write the following in your .xmodmaprc. I think it should work, I am doing the opposite on my system (I have a menu key that I don't need, but no right super key.)

keycode 134 = Menu

Then just add xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc to some autostart file.

#3 2017-08-09 19:55:12

Batou

Re: [Solved] Mapping my right Super ("win") key to be a context menu key?

Thanks! Works!

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

Board footer