You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-26 15:04:06

original username

How do I turn off this notification sound?

I updated my laptop a few days ago, and ever since then, when I do things like unplug it or change the volume and brightness using the keyboard, it makes this https://soundcloud.com/eric-reinhardt-3 … cdym3bixxa sound. I don't want this to sound every time I change the volume, it gets annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

#2 2017-07-26 15:13:33

ewaller
Administrator

Re: How do I turn off this notification sound?

Hello.  Consider this, you are intimately familiar with your system as you are the one who installed it and selected the operating environment.  Arch has no default configurations in this regard.

Read your post, but from the point of view of your reader.  What have you told us? 
Does this happen at the console?
What desktop environment are you using?
What did you change a few days ago?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-07-27 14:15:32

AndreasGB

Hi original username,

I encountered that problem today too, whenever a song in Spotify changed. For me, it came whenever a notification would have been shown by an application, which I verified by running

notify-send test test

I looked which notification servers were installed on my system and found that deepin-notifications was responsible, which apparently entered my system as a dependency of deepin-screenshot. I removed everything from deepin which solved the problem.

You may have to log out and back in again for the changes to take effect.

#4 2017-07-28 11:12:49

original username

AndreasGB I remember installing deepin-screenshot a little while ago, so I'll try that. Thank you!

#5 2017-08-15 19:17:16

midvik

Hi, if i understood you well, you can just move mouse to the bottom right corner (slides open settings), than choose sound icon or slide down to sound options and uncheck sound effects option.
Deepin 15.4.1. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Board footer