You are not logged in.
Hello all
I freshly installed Arch Linux today as well as the LXQT desktop environment. The install went smoothly but I ran into the following issue: pcmanfm-qt will NOT allow me to change the desktop wallpaper to a wallpaper of choice. When I choose a wallpaper from a saved image, the desktop preferences window does not let me choose NO background color and instead of displaying my wallpaper of choice, it fills my desktop background with whatever solid color is chosen as the background color.. how do I fix this? I dont want a solid background color. I want to use whatever desktop wallpaper I choose to use..
All help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by xsilentmurmurx (2017-08-27 21:49:44)
Offline
Try to set the wallpaper through the terminal to see if it throws an error.
pcmanfm-qt --set-wallpaper=FILE --wallpaper-mode=MODESee the manpage for more info.
Offline
Try to set the wallpaper through the terminal to see if it throws an error.
pcmanfm-qt --set-wallpaper=FILE --wallpaper-mode=MODESee the manpage for more info.
Thank you for the reply.. Unfortunately, that did not change anything. I did not receive any errors nor did my desktop background change to my desired wallpaper. the permissions on my wallpaper file are set to 644 and both group and owner are set to the username I use to login to my account.
Offline
Nevermind! I got it to work. I think the image I was using was faulty.. when I tried a different image, it worked fine!
Thanks for your help!
Offline
Please always remember to mark "[SOLVED]" threads by editing the subject of your original post (so others know either no further help is required or they might find an answer to a similar problem here)
Offline
Sure no problem.. I fixed the title of the thread
Offline