You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-26 08:42:11

wadhwa016

can't get PCSX2 up and running on Toshiba laptop with Arch

I've recently installed Arch on my Toshiba satellite and now I want to run PCSX2 to play some games which aren't available for linux. But I get this:
GS Plugin  failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.
My config:
$lscpu
Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              2

$lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

PS: When I was at Windows it wasn't really a problem as my gpu supports directx9, but what is the work around with opengl?

Any help. Thanks.

Love Arch.

#2 2017-08-29 16:01:34

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: can't get PCSX2 up and running on Toshiba laptop with Arch

Your hardware is really likely not good enough to reliably run PCSX2. You will definitely not be able to run the new OpenGL plugin, the older one might work, but it's pretty much abandoned and will likely have emulation bugs (and OpenGL in general especially using those old versions tends to run slower than a DirectX9 counterpart). Try to switch the video plugin to zzogl, but again, there are no guarantees that this runs in any acceptable fashion.

Last edited by V1del (2017-08-29 16:05:35)

#3 2017-08-29 18:00:29

Gusar

Re: can't get PCSX2 up and running on Toshiba laptop with Arch

ZZOgl won't work due to the way Arch compiles it, it should be compiled without -DGLSL_API='TRUE'. But even if you recompile it, it will definitely not work well enough on that GPU. I don't know if it's a problem in the plugin or in the Intel driver, possibly it's both. But the ZZOgl plugin is completely abandoned, as V1del mentions, so no hope of improvement there. All development is happening on the GSDx plugin, but that one requires modern features definitely not available on such an old GPU.

Basically, Windows is the only option on such an old machine.

Last edited by Gusar (2017-08-29 18:02:15)

Board footer