You are not logged in.
Hi!
A while back, a bug was introduced that caused checkboxes to "collapse" / become invisible. It had something to do with the various dark text color workarounds I had in place and so I messed with it. A lot. Afterwards, I couldn't get it to work again and I'm not sure why, so I fell back to using only the UserContent.css from the wiki. It still helps some, but in many places text is still impossible to read - most notably on the Firefox default start page (search text input field, light gray text on white) but also in many others random places (p.E. Googles "Wikipedia snippets", also light gray on white).
( I know I could force a light theme for just Firefox but I'd rather not if it can be avoided. )
Did anyone find a better solution?
Offline
empty
Last edited by infinarchy (2017-11-04 21:33:55)
Offline
I think I had a similar problem. Not just with Firefox but with every other software that uses GTK like GIMP - all of them gave me headaches (in KDE). The solution was to change the theme for everything related to GTK to Adwaita.
I'm not sure if it is the same problem but.... Might work changing everything to Adwaita. That is, assuming you do use KDE. Apart from it, I cannot help with anything more as I can't think of anything else, sorry.
I'm just mentioning it because since a recent update I did (yesterday's yesterday, I guess :P), my check-boxes became odd. Also, I started having problems to print or save stuff. But the check-boxes were 'fixed' somehow changing GTK3 themes to Adwaita (previously, just GTK2 needed it). I usually update every moth because... I'm lazy to type 'su' and them 'pacman -vSyu'. And I'm starting to think I should have been more lazy as everything seems chaotic now with Firefox..
Last edited by jfcandidofilho (2017-08-29 20:47:11)
Offline