You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-30 08:37:03

heisenberg
Member
Registered: 2017-05-27
Posts: 87

[SOLVED] youtube-dl unable to download playlists and ctrl-c "ignored"

Hi,

Today I tried this application to download a youtube playlist. Anyway, I tried to stop the process using CTRL+C and it just opens again and continues, until I close the terminal. Also, if I try to download a playlist, it stucks at the end of the first video. Anyone else has the same issues ?

Last edited by heisenberg (2017-08-30 12:08:54)

Offline

#2 2017-08-30 10:43:00

dockland
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2015-06-06
Posts: 861

Re: [SOLVED] youtube-dl unable to download playlists and ctrl-c "ignored"

What command did you use for downloading the playlist(s)?


I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

Offline

#3 2017-08-30 11:24:35

heisenberg
Member
Registered: 2017-05-27
Posts: 87

Re: [SOLVED] youtube-dl unable to download playlists and ctrl-c "ignored"

dockland wrote:

What command did you use for downloading the playlist(s)?

youtube-dl "playlist_link", I tried also youtube-dl --yes-playlist "playlist_link" but same issue.

Now, I have no idea why but the issue I had it's gone, ctrl+c is working as well.

That's what was happening https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/12570.

I saw a difference, when I had the issue there was an output message with a PID, a few seconds later youtube-dl's output. Now it's not happening.

EDIT: I'd like to understand what was happening before mark it as SOLVED :\

Last edited by heisenberg (2017-08-30 11:37:30)

Offline

#4 2017-08-30 12:01:04

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: [SOLVED] youtube-dl unable to download playlists and ctrl-c "ignored"

As mentioned in that last few posts of the report  you linked to. Your playlist url likely contained an ampersand, which has a special meaning on terminals and will lead to the youtube-dl job being backgrounded (hence you can't simply kill it with ctrl-c because it isn't in the foreground) read the link provided by dstftw as the last post provided in that conversation.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB