You are not logged in.
Whenever I copy a file either with Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Insert or from the context menu, it appears on the clipboard as it should, but the URI gets copied too, thus preventing pasting the file without having to click on it in the clipboard. The app doesn't seem to matter, it happens in Dolphin, Thunar, and Eclipse too.
Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/e1NM4J0.png
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Arpione (2017-08-30 14:09:26)
Offline
Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code
Offline
What, except the URI, do you expect to be added to the selection buffer and in how far does this prevent "pasting the file"???
Do you mean the receiving client (which would be?) requires a local unix path (ie. w/o the "file://" protocol part)?
Offline
What I mean is right after the file is put on the clipboard, the URI replaces it. What you see on the screenshot are 2 separate items in the clipboard history, the bottom one with the icon is the file itself, the top one is the file://... URI as simple text. For example in Dolphin when I try to paste the file after copying it asks for a filename for clipboard content, because the clipboard contains the URI as text, not the file.
Offline
This smells like an xy issue - the clients usually put a set of mime data onto the clipboard. For filemanagers, this is typically the URI (which is an URL as well as plain text) and the receiving client picks the mime data that it can make use of for the called action.
The file contents are never™ (yes, there are rare exceptions) put onto the clipboard - just imagine you wanted to move hundreds of GB of videos this way ...
=> What is your actual problem? With what receiving client and with what desired action?
Offline
I don't think there is a problem. It looks like OP is using some sort of clipboard manager and just worried looking at the data in the clipboard.
Offline
It was a Klipper bug that I was struggling with for months but has been fixed by a recent update. I did suspect it has something to do with Klipper but couldn't find a bugreport.
The issue was that when a file was copied, 2 entries appeared in the clipboard history, both for the same file, but the second one wasn't recognized as a file by Klipper, just plain text. Thus when I wanted to paste it into Dolphin for example I got the popup I mentioned above.
Offline