You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-01 13:53:11

NathanAdhitya

NVIDIA does not want to work after a sleep

So, here's the case,
I have a ASUS A456U,
Arch Linux installed flawlessly, just had trouble with WLAN/Bluetooth Card and the RTL.... card thing.

But here's the main thing I hate about, is that when resuming from a sleep (in RAM)
You literally get a black screen of nothingness, CTRL+ALT+... doesn't work, keyboard input doesn't work, nothing works.
Except if you press the power button, it will take a moment then show the shut down console, or whatever it's called then it's shut down safely.

Things to know:
- Dual booting with Windows 10 using GRUB2
- Using Deepin as DE
- There's one service that's activated on resume to restart the Deepin WM.
- Tested with latest stuff at 20:52 GMT+07:00 1st September 2017

Now, Here's the thing,
I have tried finding and trying ALOT of ways to fix it.
- Tried adding 'resume /dev/sda5' to kernel params, using the GRUB configuration
- Tried installing acpio, and one more thing i forgot.
- Tried replacing the "base udev" to "systemd" which i heard includes resume in mkinitcpio
- Tried to add hpet=disable to kernel params
- Tried disabling VT-d in BIOS

So far, nothing has solved my problem.
Could anyone help?

Last edited by NathanAdhitya (2017-09-03 05:14:46)

#2 2017-09-01 14:55:54

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: NVIDIA does not want to work after a sleep

Check your journal if there is any information printed. Maybe post a relevant excerpt so we can have a look at it, see if you can reproduce with another kernel like the LTS kernel. FWIW all the resume parameters in mkinitcpio and the kernel command line are irrelevant for resume from suspend and should only matter for hibernation.

#3 2017-09-02 08:02:09

NathanAdhitya

Done, tried a fresh install with LTS Kernel, for some funky reason, suspend worked with nouveau driver instead on nvidia driver? yikes
WTH just happened.

I tried to enable SSH service, i can log in perfectly when it looks frozen to screen.
Funnily, Xorg reports "Screen not found" when i try to start Xorg after i killed it.
Well, Let's say, killing it let me switch between sessions (tty1,tty2),etc.

I need moar halp
EDIT:
I can resume normally if I'm in the console (tty1,tty2) but not at the GUI, or whatever it's called..

MOAR EDIT:
Nouveau drivers works for resuming, but freezes after a couple of seconds after resuming.
Seems to be nvidia's fault???

Last edited by NathanAdhitya (2017-09-02 13:44:10)

#4 2017-09-03 05:18:00

NathanAdhitya

So, as far as my day goes, I've tried testing MANY WAYS
I've even tried nvidia optimus.
So, my conclusion is that the NVIDIA Card does not want to wake up of some sort after a resume from a sleep????
I've tried using bbswitch, it states that it's ON even after resuming and trying to run optirun literally tells you that it cannot detect/find the second GPU (the NVIDIA one)
And a couple more tons of things that I have tried with no success....

Even with Nouveau, my whole screen freezes around 10-20 secs after resume....

Board footer