You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-04 22:02:15

apastuszak
Website

[Solved] Getting Keepass to behave like a proper desktop app

I am using Keepass right now, because of all the Keepass-like apps, it is the only one that can do a record by record bi-directional synchronization between two files.  I'm not one of those purists that won't install Mono, so I have no issue using Keepass over KeepassX or KeepassXC.

Where I am running into a problem is how it interacts with Gnome Shell.

Right now, I am using the Dash to Dock Gnome Shell extension enabled, and have minimizing turned on in Gnome Tweak tool.  When I launch Keepass, a dot appears under the Keepass icon in Dash, but when I minimize the app, the dot disappears.  And if I try and do an Alt+Tab, to switch to Keepass, it does not show up as an app that's running.  I need to actually click on the icon in Dash to get the app to open back up.  I'm assuming that a lot of this behaviour is because this is a Windows app that uses Mono to run natively on Linux.

Which is fine.  I'd just like it to show up as a running app when minimized.  Has anyone found a way to get Keepass to behave a little better in Linux.

Last edited by apastuszak (2017-09-05 00:50:31)

#2 2017-09-04 22:08:27

apastuszak
Website

Re: [Solved] Getting Keepass to behave like a proper desktop app

Ok, you can ignore me.  I had "minimize to tray instead of taskbar turned on."  Turned that off and Keepass will now minimize and I don't lose the dot in Dash.

#3 2017-09-05 00:35:30

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2017-09-05 00:50:41

apastuszak
Website

Done!

Board footer