You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-05 13:29:40

Wimukthi

Bumblebee Performance Loss After Some Time

After many failed attempts before, I finally managed to get bumblebee working. Im using NVIDIA drivers with intel and everything installed and "glxgears" test runs fine. I tried both with "optirun" as well as "primusrun".

Then I moved on to testing it with some games. In the beginning it works perfectly. The games run on higher settings than what I ran from the intel onboard. The FPS is very smooth. But then, after some time, roughly around 20 mins, the fps completely drops. The performance becomes absolutely useless. This happens with all games. The intel onboard runs the games fine on there settings that I used with it.

This issue goes away when I reboot. Can someone please tell me why this is happening? Because it all seems to be working absolutely fine, but then messes up after sometime. Thanks in advance.

PS: I didn't install "bbswitch". did not see it while going through the wiki for bumblebee. Later read up and saw it deals with turning discrete cards off and on according to requirement. Is that the issue?

#2 2017-09-05 22:22:54

Wimukthi

Re: Bumblebee Performance Loss After Some Time

Okay, so I installed 'bbswitch'. The problem is still there. After some time the fps drops down completely.

#3 2017-09-05 22:30:49

Wimukthi

Re: Bumblebee Performance Loss After Some Time

Did a bit of digging around again. Found this:

https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bu … issues/466

Apperently its a heat issue. This guy describes my problem exactly. And like him this has never happened to me on windows. I dont know whats wrong with this silly laptop now. Dissapointing really. So I guess I will close this topic now.

Board footer