You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-07 11:40:53

jerf

CUPS stuck at "Printer is ready to print" after finishing job

I have a Samsung M382OND network printer. I'm using it with Samsung's driver "Samsung M332x 382x 402x Series" over ipp://.

I have the following problem: whenever I print something, the printer successfully prints everything, but the corresponding printing job does not get removed from CUPS, it's stuck there with the message "Printer is ready to print" under "Status" in the CUPS admin panel. The printer proceeds to priniting the next job only if I manually cancel the completed job in the CUPS admin panel.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause of this problem, and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2017-09-09 09:43:50

olive

Re: CUPS stuck at "Printer is ready to print" after finishing job

Difficult to say. Enable debugging in the cups interface and examine the content of /var/log/cups/error_log. Be sure to "enable" the printer in the cups interface. I would say there is a problem that somehow makes cups thinks that the printer hasn't printed the job, because of some sort of communication errors. In the options of the printer in the Cups interface (http://localhost:631), there is usually an "error policy". You may try to play around with the options proposed.

Last edited by olive (2017-09-09 09:50:54)

Board footer