You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-10 16:19:13

adesh
Member
Registered: 2016-10-05
Posts: 167

urxvt: open new window with current working directory

I wanted to see what all the fuss is about urxvt. So, I gave it a try, customized it a little bit to my taste and I'm liking it so far. I'll probably ditch xfce4-terminal in its favour. However, there is one thing I am missing from other terminal emulators - Ctrl+Shift+N opens a new terminal window with cwd set to that of the parent window. I am not able to get this working in urxvt.
I searched internet and could not find anything on this except this post.

bind '"\e\C-u": "urxvt &\n"'

But that solution obviously does not work if I have a program running in the current terminal window.

So, how to open a new terminal window from urxvt using a key combination?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB