You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-14 07:27:41

kokoko3k

[SOLVED] synergy as a user service

Hi, i'm trying to use synergy with the provided systemd service, and i've a question.
From the service file, i read:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/synergys --no-daemon --config /etc/synergy.conf

...which means that when i use "systemctl --user start synergys", it will try to read /etc/synergy.conf, that does not exists, because my user configuration for synergy is stored in "~/.config/Synergy/Synergy.conf", and the service just fails.

So i wonder if the service file provided is somehow wrong (and should use the user configuration file), or am i supposed to copy or link my user config to /etc/synergy.conf (?)

Last edited by kokoko3k (2017-09-14 11:23:50)

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#2 2017-09-14 08:51:58

Raynman

Re: [SOLVED] synergy as a user service

There is also the assumption that any user that has a network.target would want the synergy service to wait for that. Actually it may be trying to reference the system unit network.target, which is simply wrong.

According to the man page:

If no configuration file pathname is provided then the first of the following to load successfully sets the configuration:

$HOME/.synergy.conf /etc/synergy.conf

So it should be perfectly fine to remove the --config option from the ExecStart line. A user with nonstandard config locations or network.target can always create their own override -- I see no point in having these two things in the provided user service.

Edit: looking at the history of the file, it turns out it was originally a system service and only minimal changes were made to make it somewhat usable as a user service.

Last edited by Raynman (2017-09-14 08:55:24)

#3 2017-09-14 11:23:40

kokoko3k

Re: [SOLVED] synergy as a user service

Thank you.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

Board footer