You are not logged in.

#201 2016-09-09 11:55:46

mbid

Re: Google Chromebook Pixel 2

Has anybody still problems with the touchpad when running an unpatched but recent kernel?
I'm on linux 4.7.2 (nixos though) and sometimes after resuming from suspend, the touchpad will not work at all, i.e. no movement or taps. Rebooting solves the issue, but is annoying. Another thing I noticed (even when running arch) is that the touchpad does not work at all after upgrading the kernel. Rebooting doesn't help in that case, but booting once into chromeos and then again arch/nixos does. I guess the touchpad has to be reset somehow, and my kernel doesn't do this. raphael/linux-samus contains some scripts that seem to do something with the touchpad, but I don't understand them. Do arch users have the same issues?

#202 2016-11-12 15:46:41

hobn

Does anyone have the microphone working with the mainline driver from 4.9.0-rc*?

#203 2016-11-12 16:55:25

genki

@hobn Hey yes, I am having it work with 4.9-rc4 currently. Note: I am not using PulseAudio but have it working with plain ALSA.

1. Are you compiling Linus's mainline tree manually? Can you provide a link to the .config you are using?
2. What shows up in alsamixer in the Capture view?
3. What is the output of 'arecord -l'?
4. Can you use arecord to manually anything? E.g. try things at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ad … Microphone
5. Does a browser recognize your microphone and/or can you use online recording test tools?
6. Do you have anything strange in /etc/asound.conf?
7. Were you using the linux-samos repo (https://github.com/raphael/linux-samus) before switching to mainline? If so, you may want to look at the sound scripts for what they did and if any of that needs undoing.

Last edited by genki (2016-11-12 16:57:35)

#204 2016-11-12 17:03:34

genki

@mbid As for the touchpad stopping being recognized sometimes on suspend, yes that is a known issue. See https://github.com/raphael/linux-samus/ … -170268507 about a way to reset it without having to reboot. It mentions installing mxt-app. I have an AUR package for mxt-app here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mxt-app-git/ if you want. You mentioned the scripts being confusing, the scripts basically try to do what that comment does in a generic way. Perhaps reading the comment will help the script make more sense? Feel free to ask questions. It should work on your machine.

Last edited by genki (2016-11-12 17:04:49)

#205 2016-11-12 17:46:52

hobn

I am running pulseaudio-alsa as a legacy from darker times, when we had to for the driver hacks to work. My kernel is a fresh 4.9.0-rc4 compiled from a tarball off the Linux kernel website with the config.x86_64 from linux-git on the AUR.

The capture sliders on alsamixer for bdw-rt5677 (alsa) are Sidetone, Mic, Mono ADC, . . . as per usual. Mic at 100, same for the single Capture slider for pulse. arecord -l outputs:

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: bdwrt5677 [bdw-rt5677], device 0: System Playback/Capture (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Seems to suggest the mic is detected. VLC, arecord, and pavucontrol all don't grab anything from the mic. My asound.conf is the following:

# Use PulseAudio by default
pcm.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
  hint {
    show on
    description "Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)"
  }
}

ctl.!default {
  type pulse
  fallback "sysdefault"
}

# vim:set ft=alsaconf:

I am fairly certain I do not have any leftovers from linux-samus, but I will have to look into that to make sure.

I mean, does the mic just work off the bat for you? I will try a fresh vanilla install and see if it works.

By the way, do your adjustments to the alsamixer sliders persist between reboots? I still have the same issue as from John Keeping's patch where I have to disable speaker and enable headphone after each reboot.

I've also had some touchpad problems but going into suspend again and waking up a second time usually fixes it.

#206 2017-09-14 12:01:03

bumblebeer

Not sure if this is the right area, also my first post on the forums, so please tell me if this would be better placed elsewhere.

I'm having an issue where opening my lid does not wake the system from suspend. I'm not quite sure why. I works to put it to sleep. also the output of

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

Shows that the lid is enabled.

Device	S-state	  Status   Sysfs node
HDEF	  S3	*disabled
WLAN	  S3	*disabled  pci:0000:01:00.0
EHCI	  S3	*disabled
XHCI	  S3	*enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0
LID0	  S4	*enabled   platform:PNP0C0D:00
ATPA	  S3	*disabled  i2c:i2c-ATML0000:00
CODC	  S3	*disabled  i2c:i2c-RT5677CE:00

I also just wanted to mention, after reading through this thread, that I had the same issue as hobn.

hobn wrote:

As a side note, I was able to disable hardware write protection despite being unable to remove a stripped screw on the back plate in the center near where the groove for opening the lid is. The plate had enough flex for me to lift it up where the write protect screw is and unscrew it at a slight angle. I felt like I was playing Operation when I was removing the washer with a pair of tweezers.

However, I had two screws that stripped even though I was using the proper Fearson driver. I actually had to use a screw extractor on both of them. Pretty funny situation using a large construction drill to remove a super tiny screw from a small sleek laptop. Just thought I'd share.

Board footer