You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 16:53:23

zachmathew

Thinkpad W530 : Need to run on Discrete Graphics mode (BIOS). Help.

I need to run on this mode so I can control the Digital Vibrance Setting on the NVIDIA control panel.  The colors are too bright and they hurt my eyes. lntel doesnt provide the color options nor does the nouveau driver. So I have to use the NVIDIA proprietary driver only,

I tried everything from the arch wiki. Every step possible but I get stuck at boot and X never starts up. The Fan starts spinning loudly but the laptop doesnt boot.I literally have to hard shutdown the laptop and the dmesg messages are lost. So I cant even figure out whats wrong.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully managed to use this laptop or any laptop with OPTIMUS for that matter, to work only on discrete graphics (selected in the BIOS options, Optimus OFF) and te NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers.

If yes, PLEASE HELP ME.  ITs driving me berserk and I cannot sit for long in front of the laptop. sad

Also, if yes, does digital vibrance work in the NVIDIA control panel.

Thanks a lot,

Zach

#2 2017-09-16 16:54:28

zachmathew

Re: Thinkpad W530 : Need to run on Discrete Graphics mode (BIOS). Help.

Any tolerable color profiles that work will also help. Is there a way to decrease Color Saturation using the Intel Driver only ??

Board footer