You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 14:12:45

xtof54

keymap changes after screen off

Hi,

I've just installed arch for the first time, and found a very strange behavior:
I configured my keyboard for French, and everything was fine, but then, I let the computer alone for one hour and switch the screen off.
When back, I switch on the screen, and found that my keyboard layout has changed back to US !

My locale was still fr, but I had to run "setxkbmap -layout fr" to get my keyboard back in French.

How is it possible ?

Thanks for your tips...

#2 2017-09-24 15:19:13

dockland

Re: keymap changes after screen off

Post your

/etc/vconsole.conf

and output of

locale -a

Last edited by dockland (2017-09-24 15:19:48)

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#3 2017-09-24 15:24:17

seth

Wild guess: is your keyboard connected via usb and the usb hub is on your monitor?

#4 2017-09-25 12:02:14

xtof54

Thanks for your replies !

@seth eh eh ! nice suggestion ;-) No, it's pitifully not the case, all is plugged into the central unit. I'm afraid it's really a software issue; but I actually observed some time after this "bug" some other issues related to xorg (failed to reboot due to missing user rights on /dev/input4) which, I think, may be related; so my guess is that it should have been an xorg issue (and also because the keyboard on the F1 or F2 or ... text consoles wast just fine).
I've another option also, because I also noted that, on my desktop, one of the usb2.0 slot sometimes was not working / recognized by arch; but not always the same, and not always ! I've no ideas why...
So this may also be related because it's possible that the usb port of the keyboard suddenly stopped working for some time... which is related to your suggestion.

@dockland sorry, I can't do that because I don't have access now at my desktop; furthermore, because of both other issues, I've finally switched from xorg/startx to gnome/gdm, and I've not seen this issue any more with this new config.
So my initial post is not really a problem any more for me. Even though it's still mysterious :-/

Anyway, thanks for your hints !

Board footer