You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-26 11:08:16

ggg377
Member
Registered: 2015-02-20
Posts: 43

[SOLVED] Tint2 clock padding botched

Sometime this year, my trusty tint2 taskbar messed up the clock. I switched the issue to "off" in my mind, but I can't stand it anymore. Basically what happened is that on a vertical taskbar, the padding element seems to not set the surrounding area of clock + date, but the areas between the edges of the clock as well as the area between the date and clock. Is there a way to move the clock and date back together?

Current:

qyVOZIQ.png

Wanted:

82H0GrO.png

This is what I had before, but it inexplicably changed one day.

Config:

#---------------------------------------------
# TINT2 CONFIG FILE
#---------------------------------------------
# For more information about tint2, see:
# http://code.google.com/p/tint2/wiki/Welcome
#
# For more config file examples, see:
# http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/3232/my-tint2-config/

# Background definitions
# ID 1
rounded = 0
border_width = 0
background_color = #6f6a63 100
border_color = #828282 0

# ID 2 - task active
rounded = 1
border_width = 0
background_color = #d8d8d8 30
border_color = #d8d8d8 0

# ID 3 - task
rounded = 1
border_width = 0
background_color = #000000 0
border_color = #000000 0

# ID 4
rounded = 1
border_width = 1
background_color = #888888 20
border_color = #ED2323 60

# ID 5 - taskbar
rounded = 0
border_width = 0
background_color = #6f6a63 0
border_color = #cdc0b0 0

# ID 6 - active taskbar
rounded = 0
border_width = 0
background_color = #cdc0b0 0
border_color = #cdc0b0 0

# ID 7 - tooltip
rounded = 3
border_width = 0
background_color = #222222 90
border_color = #222222 90

# ID 8
rounded = 1
border_width = 1
background_color = #888888 20
border_color = #888888 20

# Panel
panel_monitor = all
panel_position = center left vertical
panel_items = TSC
panel_size = 100% 40
panel_margin = 0 -1
panel_padding = 0 0
panel_dock = 0
wm_menu = 1
panel_layer = bottom
panel_background_id = 1

# Panel Autohide
autohide = 0
autohide_show_timeout = 0.3
autohide_hide_timeout = 1.5
autohide_height = 6
strut_policy = follow_size

# Taskbar
taskbar_mode = single_desktop
taskbar_padding = 0 0 6
taskbar_background_id = 5
taskbar_active_background_id = 6
taskbar_name = 
taskbar_name_background_id = 0
taskbar_name_active_background_id = 0
taskbar_name_font = Liberation Sans 9
taskbar_name_font_color = #828282 100
taskbar_name_active_font_color = #828282 100

# Tasks
urgent_nb_of_blink = 20
task_icon = 1
task_text = 0
task_centered = 1
task_maximum_size = 40 40
task_padding = 2 2
task_background_id = 3
task_active_background_id = 2
task_urgent_background_id = 4
task_iconified_background_id = 3

# Task Icons
task_icon_asb = 80 0 0
task_active_icon_asb = 100 0 0
task_urgent_icon_asb = 100 0 0
task_iconified_icon_asb = 80 0 0

# Fonts
task_font = Liberation Sans 06_55 6
task_font_color = #828282 60
task_active_font_color = #828282 100
task_urgent_font_color = #FFFFFF 100
task_iconified_font_color = #d8d8d8 60
font_shadow = 0

# System Tray
systray = 0
systray_padding = 2 0 4
systray_sort = right2left
systray_background_id = 6
systray_icon_size = 24
systray_icon_asb = 100 0 0

# Clock
time1_format = %H:%M
time1_font = Droid Sans 10
time2_format = %d.%m
time2_font = Droid Sans 10
clock_font_color = #b5b5b5 100
clock_padding = 10 0
clock_background_id = 6
clock_lclick_command = gsimplecal
clock_rclick_command = gsimplecal

# Tooltips
tooltip = 1
tooltip_padding = 2 2
tooltip_show_timeout = 0.0
tooltip_hide_timeout = 0.0
tooltip_background_id = 7
tooltip_font_color = #d8d8d8 100
tooltip_font = Liberation Sans normal 9.0

# Mouse
mouse_middle = none
mouse_right = toggle
mouse_scroll_up = prev_task
mouse_scroll_down = next_task

# End of config

Last edited by ggg377 (2017-09-26 22:39:11)

Offline

#2 2017-09-26 13:21:35

justasug
Member
Registered: 2014-08-03
Posts: 174

Re: [SOLVED] Tint2 clock padding botched

I think the issue here is the panel width or font size.
When I increase the panel width with "panel_size = 100% 54" for example, it shows up how you want it to. The same happens when I decrease the clock's font size to 6 for example. Here's a screenshot how it looks like when I increase the panel width:

https://s26.postimg.org/5x9y4rm3d/2017- … _19_04.png

You should bring this up on the tint2 bug tracker to see if this is a bug or expected behaviour (a limitation due to font size).

Offline

#3 2017-09-26 14:58:01

ggg377
Member
Registered: 2015-02-20
Posts: 43

Re: [SOLVED] Tint2 clock padding botched

@justasug thank you for your input

I was able to mitigate the issue by increasing the size of the panel from 40 px to 51 px. Regardless, I got some very weird behavior out of it when experimenting with different values, so I opened an issue: https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2/issues/671

I don't think there is much to add on this forum so I'm marking as solved.

Last edited by ggg377 (2017-09-26 22:38:49)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB