You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-01 11:29:57

patrick.bucher
Website

lpr ignores "two-sided" option when printing a page range

I have a Samsung M2825ND  series duplex printer and use the official pxlmono driver as a PPD file (direct download).  Here's what lpoptions says:

copies=1 device-uri=dnssd://samsung._printer._tcp.local/ finishings=3 job-cancel-after=10800 job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 job-sheets=none,none marker-change-time=0 number-up=1 printer-commands=AutoConfigure,Clean,PrintSelfTestPage printer-info=samsung printer-is-accepting-jobs=true printer-is-shared=true printer-is-temporary=false printer-location printer-make-and-model='Samsung M262x 282x Series PXL' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1506856778 printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=8392788 printer-uri-supported=ipp://localhost/printers/samsung sides=two-sided-long-edge

Duplex printing works fine, unless I define a page range:

$ lpr -o page-ranges=22-23 -o sides=two-sided-long-edge downloads/datenbanken.pdf
$ lpr -o page-ranges=22-23 downloads/datenbanken.pdf

Either of this commands prints the right page range, just not duplex, but on two sheets each.

Furthermore, the first page shows a huge and bold character "D" that is not visible in the PDF. (When I print without a page range, the problem with the wrong character printed on the first page also occurs.) The rest of the printout looks fine.

How can I do a duplex print with a page range?

Board footer