You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-29 06:52:19

seth

Re: [SOLVED] XFCE4-Panel Crashing

Please don't post oversized images (ie. edit your post itr), esp. if you could have said "I configure xfce to use "TeX Gyre Heros" or something.

Apparently that font lacks quite some symbols, including one on the window title what leads to testing this <swearing> <more swearing> emoji <swearing> being tested which basically lacks every regular (ASCII) glyph what cairo or pango or xfce seems to struggle with.
I guess uninstalling the emoshit font will mitigate the problem - if you want to know what happens and why, you'll have to finally provide the/a window title that triggers this (ie. the xprop information)

#27 2017-09-29 16:26:32

Burning_aces

seth wrote:

Please don't post oversized images (ie. edit your post itr), esp. if you could have said "I configure xfce to use "TeX Gyre Heros" or something.

Apparently that font lacks quite some symbols, including one on the window title what leads to testing this <swearing> <more swearing> emoji <swearing> being tested which basically lacks every regular (ASCII) glyph what cairo or pango or xfce seems to struggle with.
I guess uninstalling the emoshit font will mitigate the problem - if you want to know what happens and why, you'll have to finally provide the/a window title that triggers this (ie. the xprop information)

Sorry, didn't want to give you a lack of information.

How do I go about providing you with the xprop information?

So basically, unistall the tex gyre fonts or? As there is no separate emoji part of it..
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just unsure what to do to fix this..

#28 2017-09-29 18:22:00

seth

Burning_aces wrote:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 5#p1738875

Burning_aces wrote:

So basically, unistall the tex gyre fonts or?

No, "basically, unistall noto-fonts-emoji" - if it still crashes, check back with strace.
Depending on the window title, just using DejaVu as fonts might suffice.

#29 2017-10-03 15:01:24

Burning_aces

seth wrote:
Burning_aces wrote:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 5#p1738875

Burning_aces wrote:

So basically, unistall the tex gyre fonts or?

No, "basically, unistall noto-fonts-emoji" - if it still crashes, check back with strace.
Depending on the window title, just using DejaVu as fonts might suffice.

Thank you it has fixed the issue

Board footer