You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-29 03:29:41

straydog

Burning ISOs

This is probably simple, but I've searched and failed miserably. On other distros, I've loaded K3B and successfully burned ISOs and had bootable CDs. On Arch, it burns the ISO image as one image. I'm not real clear on the paticulars of ISOs, but I believe that when I look at a properly burned disk, I should see the individual files and folders. I only see the ISO image. Is there something I am missing in the setup?

Sorry if this is a basic question. I've already made 3 nice new coasters. It's bedtime, so I won't be back at this until tomorrow. Please forgive my delayed return to it, but I will check in after work.

Thanks,
Bill

#2 2006-06-29 03:32:34

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Burning ISOs

you're probably trying to burn a data dvd -- you should try "burn CD image" from the tools menu in K3B.

Dusty

#3 2006-06-29 11:28:50

straydog

Re: Burning ISOs

I feel stupid, now. Thanks, Dusty. It seems that perhaps earlier versions of k3b either had "burn iso image" on the big buttons I thought I remembered using or there were no big buttons when I was burning isos. At any rate, it's pretty obvious my mind is getting old and feeble wink .

Thanks again,
Bill

Board footer