You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-05 10:43:15

rskolasinski
Member
Registered: 2017-03-03
Posts: 23

[Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

Hi,

For few weeks I am haunted by a following bug: when I want to change a workspace left or up with "ctrl + alt + arrow" combination it randomly doesn't work.
What I observed is that the up, left, ctrl and alt keys are always working: I checked in Keyboard section in Region & Language settings.

What also doesn't work sometimes is the combination "ctrl + left-arrow' to skip the whole word to the left.
The bug occurs on random. Combination with right arrow works at the time the one with the left one are broken.

It seems like something would be capturing combinations with up and left arrows...
I hope you will help me to localize and remove the bug.

Cheers,
Rafal


P.S. Randomly mean 50% on average

Last edited by rskolasinski (2017-10-30 21:54:14)

Offline

#2 2017-10-05 11:12:05

unixman
Member
Registered: 2015-03-12
Posts: 182

Re: [Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

hello. Wild quest: "Shortcut conflict"  with another  app/setting.

Offline

#3 2017-10-05 11:19:09

rskolasinski
Member
Registered: 2017-03-03
Posts: 23

Re: [Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

Sounds reasonable but I have no clue what could cause it.
It happens just after booting laptop without any apps open.

The only shortcuts I was defining was in All Settings -> Keyboard and they don't refer to arrows at all.

Offline

#4 2017-10-05 11:49:55

unixman
Member
Registered: 2015-03-12
Posts: 182

Re: [Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

if you able,  change "ctrl + alt + arrow" to another then checks whether it works properly or not.

Offline

#5 2017-10-06 09:47:10

rskolasinski
Member
Registered: 2017-03-03
Posts: 23

Re: [Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

For now I wanted to exclude hardware malfunction by cleaning keys... and I broke my keyboard.... waiting for a new one.
I'll let you know if that was it.

Offline

#6 2017-10-30 21:51:35

rskolasinski
Member
Registered: 2017-03-03
Posts: 23

Re: [Solved] key combinations with up and left arrow doesn't work randomly

Seemed to the hardware issue. Closing.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB