You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-05 22:04:11

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Reducing actual screen dimensions

Pretty sure this is common enough, but I can't seem to find anything. Wrong google terms I guess. I only find underscan options, which don't seem related to what I'm trying to do.

My laptop has a 15.6 inch screen and I'd like to restrict to used area to a smaller size (14.1 or 13.3) to simulate a few days use and see if I should purchase an ultrabook for my next machine. It's an optimus machine, so I guess anything which is either xrandr based (or intel-based) should work.

To clarify, I want to only use a 14.1/13.3 diagonal area of the laptop screen (meaning black borders all around for the 'excess' area).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2017-10-08 13:53:09

catweazle

Re: Reducing actual screen dimensions

Give this a try.

It worked for me (Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470, using the radeon driver)

Board footer