You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-08 01:33:06

apastuszak
Member
From: Besalem, PA USA
Registered: 2014-10-18
Posts: 168
Website

Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

I have a dual monitor configuration connected to a ThinkPad docking station via DisplayPort cable.

When I first booted into 3.26, the third monitor (2 monitors + built in laptop display) comes up as default, and is on the left, while the second monitor is on the right.  This, is, of course, the exact opposite of what I want.  When I go into the display settings, it lets me adjust everything exactly the way I want.  Then when I reboot or log out and login, it goes right back to what it was before I set it up.

Anyone else seeing this?

Offline

#2 2017-10-08 10:56:59

kumen
Member
Registered: 2017-10-08
Posts: 1

Re: Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

I have similar problem.
One monitor connected to HDMI port and second monitor connected to VGA port of my Thinkpad e531. Both monitors are same NEC MultiSync EA221WMe monitors. I can't rearrange their position, by mouse dragging in settings, until notebook display is enabled. After each restart of notebook their arrangement is restored to wrong one.

Offline

#3 2017-10-08 12:36:36

apastuszak
Member
From: Besalem, PA USA
Registered: 2014-10-18
Posts: 168
Website

Re: Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

Time to file an upstream bug at bugzilla.gnome.org

Offline

#4 2017-10-08 15:15:21

ooo
Member
Registered: 2013-04-10
Posts: 1,638

Re: Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

Are you running up to date system?
Specifically this bug was fixed in mutter 3.26.1, and there's other multihead fixes as well.

Of course it's possible this is a another bug, in which case you should report it upstream.

EDIT. Did some more testing myself. For me display settings seem to persist between logins (on wayland).
However I can't apparently arrange my laptop's display left from an external display, while any other arrangement seems to work. I guess they did some work on display management code this cycle, and there are still some rough edges.

Last edited by ooo (2017-10-08 15:22:22)

Offline

#5 2017-10-08 15:56:32

apastuszak
Member
From: Besalem, PA USA
Registered: 2014-10-18
Posts: 168
Website

Re: Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

Yes, I am up to date (for Arch at least)

Offline

#6 2017-10-08 22:05:25

apastuszak
Member
From: Besalem, PA USA
Registered: 2014-10-18
Posts: 168
Website

Re: Gnome 3.26 display settings not sticking

Just double checked my settings.  Am current on all updates and logging into Gnome of Wayland.  I rebooted just now and lost my monitor settings.

EDIT:  Bug opened:  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=788691

Please feel free to comment there.

Last edited by apastuszak (2017-10-08 22:28:20)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB