You are not logged in.
I've just been having a real hard time with VNC servers. Vino goes haywire after a few days running and fills up my .xsession-errors folder to the point of maxing out my hard drive. Tigervnc does not autostart correctly, copy & paste do not work, and cannot connect via Android (I have 2 open threads on both those issues, but no solutions). Now I have x11vnc running which is really working great, but after about 24hrs my cpu usage spikes and it's x11vnc that's causing it. I'm not seeing any errors in .xsession-errors or in my x11vnc.log that stand out. Stopping and restarting the service fixes the issue. The cpu spike happens both when running x11vnc from a startup script or by using systemd to autostart. The spike is not from another computer logged in, it's just x11vnc sitting idle. Just randomly out of nowhere, the cpu load goes right up.
I'm figuring there are 2 possible solutions:
-Figuring out why x11vnc spikes the cpu after running idle for a set period of time. This obviously is the primary goal.
-Or as a band-aid, maybe come up with some way to stop/restart the service (the full command with the options I use) every 24hrs. I'm thinking a systemd.timer?
Any help would be appreciated.
Offline
Here's my startup script command for x11vnc:
x11vnc -nap -wait 50 -noxdamage -rfbauth /home/cn/.vnc/passwd -display :0 -nocursor -forever -o /home/cn/.vnc/x11vnc.log -bgAnd here is my systemd x11vnc.service file:
[Unit]
Description=VNC Server for X11
Requires=display-manager.service
After=display-manager.service
[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/x11vnc -nap -wait 50 -noxdamage -rfbauth /home/your-user-name/.vnc/passwd -display :0 -nocursor -forever -o /home/your-user-name/.vnc/x11vnc.log -bg
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=10
User=your-user-name
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.targetOffline