You are not logged in.
Not sure what's causing issues here, I am trying to print pdfs made through latex with "lpr <file>" and the printer goes through the motions but ends up spitting out a blank page. It is a HP Deskjet 3522 connected via USB if that matters at all. I don't know where to start here, if it's a driver issue or something else, printing this way used to work but it's been a long time since I've had to use my printer. I am trying to print grayscale and have a recently bought black ink cartridge in the printer.
Offline
"through the motions" means the print head moves left - right - left - right (you hear some dss-dsss-ds-dsssss-d-dss-dsss-dss-...)?
=> Check the cartrige. Whether you forget to remove some transport sealing or it's not properly seated.
Also, idk - usually HP inkjets have the head in the cartridge, but if it's in the printer, it might be dried out... (there's speacial cleaning liquid, do NOT try acetone)
Offline
I just tried printing again after taking the cartridge out and putting it back in, and it printed something this time, but it's a poor quality print (lines of white interspersed in the text). The head may need cleaning, but it looks like it was a seating issue as well? Another suggest it need a re-alignment.
Last edited by felixculpa (2017-10-10 03:39:14)
Offline
If the cartridge is new, ensure you removed all transport sealings, if it was used is re-filled or something: try a fresh cartridge.
You should also run the self-cleaning program of the printer to see whether that gets you somewhere.
But this is not a software issue. You'll get better advise from others who've actually seen the hardware ;-)
Offline