You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-10 12:46:33

ams1
Member
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 26

[solved] Gnome 3.26 key input issue

I just updated to the new Gnome 3.26, and now I can't use GVim properly anymore.

If I type "cw" it just inserts a "w", which isn't right. If I record a macro then the recorded sequence is

<80><fd>c<80><fd>bc<80><fd>c<80><fd>bw<80><fd>c<80><fd>b^[<80><fd>c<80><fd>b

which probably shows what's going on, but doesn't give me a clue how to fix it.

I've tried Sublime Text and that seems to have similar issues with extra junk.

My browser seems fine, however, but maybe it just ignores the junk? Likewise, the terminal is fine, as is vim running in the terminal.

I've tried both Wayland and X.org sessions and both are similarly affected. In X the tilix drop-down terminal closes after every keypress, although that seems fine in Wayland.

I'm mystified. Any ideas?

Last edited by ams1 (2017-10-17 12:58:34)

Offline

#2 2017-10-12 13:58:54

ams1
Member
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 26

Re: [solved] Gnome 3.26 key input issue

I created a new user, logged in as that, and the keyboard input is fine. It must be something odd in my normal profile.

I tried disabling extensions, but no change. I tried changing the keyboard layout; nothing. It's hard to imagine what else might be doing it?

Offline

#3 2017-10-17 12:58:19

ams1
Member
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 26

Re: [solved] Gnome 3.26 key input issue

The problem turns out to be the Wally wallpaper switcher.

It works fine when launched manually, but when launched via autostart now fails to work properly (there's no tray icon, at least) and somehow screws up keyboard input.

Removing Wally from autostart solves my problem.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB