You are not logged in.
I would like to write a script so I can rotate the screen with a keyboard shortcut under Wayland on my yoga 2 pro. But I cant find any screen rotation keys under dconf (other than rotation lock, which doesn't help me). Would anyone have any ideas how to do this (no xrandr doesn't work its wayland). Thanks for any help, I cant wait to get this thing working as good as it was under xorg ![]()
Offline
Do you prefer the keyboard shortcut option or would you like it to happen automatically when you flip the system over? If using gnome you can install iio-sensor-proxy from the AUR and start its systemd service. That'll get you the auto rotation (my preference). Otherwise this may help https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tablet_PC
Offline
The scripts and methods in that link all use xrandr (not compatible with Wayland) I can rotate the screen in gnome settings
Last edited by ph9214 (2018-05-29 16:56:14)
Offline
The auto rotation thing did work omg! Now I need to assign a button to toggle auto rotation. The auto rotate dconf gnome key doesn't work :-(
Offline
My rotation lock button works out of the box wow, how did I not know about that program?! Do you have any idea how I might disable my trackpad in Wayland without gnome specific dconf keys?
Offline
Not sure on trackpad. Mine disables automatically when I fold the keyboard back. I always figured that was a hardware function because ti works whether iio-sensor-proxy is installed or not.
Offline
ya its a known glitch on the yoga 2 pro (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Le … Conversion) I just manually disable it
Offline
also iio-sensor-proxy is using the accelerometer in the base not the screen, which leeds to random rotation when resting flat (it works perfectly in tablet mode though)
Offline
I would also still like to know how iio-sensor-proxy rotates the screen in wayland, I want to be able to write my own scripts
Offline
Not sure honestly, their github page is https://github.com/hadess/iio-sensor-proxy which has some info.
Offline